Important: Please, carefully follow the instructions during the installation of the ETC device. If you use inadequate methods or location, the device can fall off and get damaged, so it will not function properly when you arrive at a toll plaza.
The electronic toll collection device consists of the ETC device (device shown on the figure can differ from your device) and the transponder holder.
In order to install the ETC device in the vehicle, the transponder holder must be fastened to the windshield. The ETC device can properly function only when it is located in the corresponding transponder holder.
Before installing the ETC device:
If your vehicle does not have a windscreen with thermal protection:
The transponder holder must be fastened to the inner side of the windscreen behind the rear-view mirror and slightly to the left so it does not block the driver's view.
If your vehicle has a windscreen with thermal protection:
Majority of windscreens with thermal protection have a non-metal window which is usually located behind the rear-view mirror, above or under the base slightly to the left. Sometimes this window is located on the bottom of the windscreen.
When the non-metal part of the windscreen is found, the transponder holder is attached so that the centre opening of the transponder holder square is positioned in the centre of the non-metal part of the windscreen.
Requirements before installation
of the ETC device
Orientation of the transponder holder:
The best results are achieved when the transponder holder is installed so that the small pointer used for taking out the device is turned downwards; however, other positions are also possible (with the pointer turned to the right, left or upward).
Please, follow this procedure for correct affixation of the holder frame:
- Make sure that the inside of the windscreen is dry and that the temperature is above 15° C.
- Without removing the protective film from the self-adhesive strips of the transponder holder insert the ETC device in the frame and position the set on the transponder holder to check if the selected position blocks the driver's view.
- Clean and remove all greasy residue from the part of the windshield where the transponder holder has to be set up, using a damp handkerchief soaked in isopropyl alcohol. It is important for the surface to be clean.
- Wait for the cleansing agent to evaporate. The surface must be completely dry before the following phase.
- Strip off the transparent film which protects self-adhesive strips of the transponder holder.
- Position the transponder holder on the clean part of the windshield and firmly press for a few seconds.
- The transponder holder is fastened and ready for installation of the ETC device.
Installing the ETC device in the transponder holder:
The transponder holder is designed so that the ETC device can be inserted only in one direction. To insert the ETC device, insert the thicker part in the transponder holder, and then push the thinner end to insert it. The ETC device is ready for use.
To remove the ETC device from the transponder holder:
The ETC device is removed from the transponder holder by pushing the pointer on the transponder holder with the middle finger and the thumb on top.
For additional information call the free telephone line: 0800 - 0422